Wednesday, April 11, 2007

herding cats

My organization is going through some changes regarding how files are handled. Everything is going to be digitalized and the hard copy destroyed. Many of my colleagues are having a fit because they operate under the quaint notion that things (such as client files) are real only if one can hold them and literally flip the pages. My boss finally had to relent and will allow us to keep hard copies of our trial files if we want to.

One of my favorite colleagues asked me to come help him with his computer today. He told me that the screen went blank a week ago and that the computer guy told him it would come back. Using my super genius computer skills, I rebooted it by pushing in the power button. Co-worker was amazed. I was amazed that his computer had not functioned for a week and he wasn't too concerned. I can't stand it when the network is down for a few minutes. I also realized that he NEVER turns off his computer. It must have been on for a couple of years before I rebooted the thing. I don't understand how he looks anything up. I guess he uses books. How weird.

No comments: