Friday, April 13, 2007

tv shows

Mrs. Defender and I just started watching The Wire on DVD. I love it, especially when the cops are being assholes to the kids dealing drugs. I hope lots of future jurors watch the show. I love how they have the prosecutor fucking the cop- this happens a lot in my city. Last summer, my fellow defenders started casting a drama series based on our courthouse. There is plenty of material. Lawyers doing drugs with their clients or sleeping with other lawyers or clients or judges. I didn't ask who they cast as me- I could only get my feelings hurt.

I've never seen Law and Order or CSI, but I'm sick of prosecutors talking about those shows during voir dire. They usually say something like, "Real life isn't like CSI. Can you convict the defendant even though there won't be fingerprints or DNA to connect him to this crime?" Meaning, "He's guilty, just look at him. You don't need no stinkin' evidence to convict the motherfucker!"

No comments: